Asian prawn & quinoa salad
Are you a lover of summer fresh salads but have run out of ideas and recipes? Well, we can help you! This asian prawn and quinoa salad is a perfect option for hot days (plus it’s super easy and quick to make!). Interested? Keep reading…
For this power salad you will then need:
- 60g quinoa
- 150g cooked shelled prawns
- 1 small avocado, stoned and sliced
- ¼ cucumber, halved and sliced
- 50g watercress
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
To prepare the dressing you will need:
- Boil the quinoa in a small pan for 15 mins until the grains are tender and look like they have burst. Drain well and tip into a bowl. Meanwhile, make the dressing: mix the lime zest and juice and the chilli in a bowl.
- Stir half the dressing into the quinoa with the spring onions, tamari and half the coriander. Stir in all the salad vegetables, then spoon onto two serving plates.
- Mix the oil and maple syrup into the remaining dressing and toss in the prawns, and finally, spoon onto the quinoa salad and scatter over the coriander to serve.
- Last but not least… enjoy!