Do you like cookie dough? Well, this is a great idea to try new recipes with cookie dough that will blow your mind.
These truffles are great for a snacking as they have a perfect size. The great thing about this recipe is that there ir no problem with salmonella, as they are not made with eggs. Cookie dough lovers won´t have any excuse no to eat cookie dough.
This cookie dough is covered with chocolate to get the best chocolaty flavor. There are many cookie dough options you can try, but this recipe shows the chocolate chip cookie recipe.
To finish up, you can decorate them with sprinkles or any kind of decoration topping while the chocolate is still dry. They last a whole week so there is no need to rush eating this great recipe.
This recipe has us obsessed! Crazy delicious!
For the Truffles:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 11/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cups chocolate chips
For the chocolate coating:
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Take a large bowl and mix butter and sugar with an electric mixer until is all mixed.
- Poor in milk and vanilla.
- Add flour and salt, mix all up on low until is all combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover it up with plastic wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place rolled balls on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and place in the freezer for 30 minutes for them to firm up.
- Place chocolate and coconut oil in a microwavebable bowl and melt for 60 seconds. Repeat this step for 30 seconds intervals or until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Let it cool down.
- Remove a handful of balls from the freezer and dip them in the chocolate. Make sure to tap off any excess coating.
- Place them back on wax paper to set.
- If it is desired any kind of decoration topping can be added to the top while the chocolate is wet.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.