Sushi: California Roll
Who does not love sushi? Are you a big fan of it, but haven’t tried cooking it at home? Well now you can! See how easy it easy to prepare this sushi classic: the california roll!
This roll has been the “bread and butter” to most sushi bars. This dish is what most people start off with, if they have never tried sushi before (because it doesn’t contain raw fish). It is great for introducing your friends and family to the wonderful world of sushi. And what better way to do it than to make a few at home?
You will need:
- Sushi Rice
- Nori (seaweed)
- Heavy mayonnaise
- Crab Salad or crab sticks (you can use one or the other, as you prefer)
- Sesame seeds (black and/or white)
- Cutting board
- A sharp knife
- Masago (Smelt eggs)- optional
- If you are using imitation crab sticks, you would simply place two sticks in the center, running the length of your nori. However, if you are using the imitation crab mix (crab salad), you would place about a quarter-wide line (approximately 2cm) across the length of the nori.
- Place 2-3 pieces of avocado on the side of the crab salad closest to you.
- Place 2-3 pieces of cucumber on the side furthest away from you.
- Using your fingers to hold onto the ingredients, slide your thumbs underneath the makisu and roll the edge of the nori forward.
What are you waiting for? Will this recipe, you will impress for sure all your friends!